Now (or Recently)
As the Thanksgiving Holiday approaches:
- My second grandson arrived almost three weeks ago. Mother and son are both doing well.
- I have brought writing (back) into my meditation practice. I will look to write about that soon.
- I have reached into my library of books by and about Mahatma Gandhi. He is a man who has inspired my life, and while time will go by when I don’t touch those books, out of the blue I will feel an urge to dip into them. Normally I find it is when I am looking to be inspired and reminded. I must write about this as well, to give it more clarity.
Reading - I usually have a few books on the go at once. Currently they include the following:
- Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict by Tsultrim Allione.
- The Highly Sensitive Man: Finding Strength in Sensitivity by Tom Falkenstein.
- Practicing Peace in Times of War: A Buddhist Perspective by Pema Chödron - on regular rotation, I need reminding to practice this and not drop back into old habits.
- No Nature: New and Selected Poems by Gary Snyder - a man, a teacher who through his devotion to Buddhism, indigenous ways and the natural world, inspires and teaches me.
Favourite Reads - Books that I have enjoyed, since this incarnation of my website.
- Reboot: Leadership and the Art of Growing Up by Jerry Colonna - this book inspired me in the possibilities of leadership and growth. Here leadership might mean personal or professional, but the bottom line is that leadership and one’s personal growth go hand in hand.
- The rains have finally come. Autumn, winter has arrived.
- Produce carries on growing in our vegetable patch, though the growth rate has definitely declined.