Now (or Recently)
‘Now’ might be stretch as to the contents of this page, check the bottom to see when it was last updated. ‘Recently’ might feel like a better fit. Either way, this page is inspired by Derek Sivers, with a further nod to William Schuth.
As November starts:
- Our family awaits the arrival of a second grandson.
- Helping the Hawaii chapter ManKind Project put the finishing touches to a New Warrior Training Adventure taking place on Kaua’i this coming weekend. I would have loved to be there, but have a wedding to attend.
Reading - I usually have a few books on the go at once. Currently they include the following:
- Feeding Your Demons: Ancient Wisdom for Resolving Inner Conflict by Tsultrim Allione.
- The Highly Sensitive Man: Finding Strength in Sensitivity by Tom Falkenstein.
- Practicing Peace in Times of War: A Buddhist Perspective by Pema Chödron - on regular rotation, I need reminding to practice this and not drop back into old habits.
- No Nature: New and Selected Poems by Gary Snyder - a man, a teacher who through his devotion to Buddhism, indigenous ways and the natural world, inspires and teaches me.
Favourite Reads - Books that I have enjoyed, since this incarnation of my website.
- Reboot: Leadership and the Art of Growing Up by Jerry Colonna - this book inspired me in the possibilities of leadership and growth. Here leadership might mean personal or professional, but the bottom line is that leadership and one’s personal growth go hand in hand.
- This has been a very hot autumn. There were signs of the seasonal rains as Fall months started, but that has been replaced by hot sun. I yearn for cooling drops of rain and cloud to hide the sun behind.
- I am cycling again! I don’t know what brought that back on, but just over a week ago I cleaned up my two bicycles and put air back into the tires. Since then, everyday but one I have been out for a ride. It is so good to be back in the saddle.