This page is inspired by Derek Sivers.
For a more up-to-date, ongoing account of what I am up to right now, take a look at my micro.blog page.
I have 4 books on the go at the moment:
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- Love Your Enemies: How to Break the Anger Habit & Be a Whole Lot Happier by Sharon Salzbeg, Robert A.F. Thurman (I spoke about this book in a recent blog post Book in the Car
- Faith by Sharon Salzberg (This is my second reading of this book. I have found it very inspirational.)
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
- Starting to harvest the produce from our vegetable garden
- Grateful for the arrival, finally, of rain
- Setting up a medical checkup for a week or so
No travel. I have not been anywhere since the Stay-At-Home policy was introduced here on Maui back at the beginning of March. Stay-At-Home might have been relaxed a while ago now, but to me it just feels safer at home right now.
My wife and I don’t plan on going anywhere in the near future. COVID-19 is sadly on the rise on the US mainland, and back in England the country is on lockdown for another month. So a visit to my parents is probably off the cards until next year.
For me COVID-19 has produced a time of reflection. Maui has quietened down with the virus. Yesterday - Friday, November 7th - saw the arrival of the first visitors from Japan to Hawai’i. Probably more to Oahu than here on Maui, as there are no direct international flights to this island. So while Maui is feeling busier since the opening up to mainland visitors last month, with some restrictions, it is still quieter here than it has been.
Last updated on November 10th, 2020