Meditate where you are
This is an ongoing series running through May to compliment the twice weekly meditation sessions that I will be hosting on YouTube (the videos have now been moved to my Vimeo page). If you have any questions, please contact me.
As well as having your personal meditation place, I recommend looking for opportunities to meditate in your daily life. They might not be as formal as your regular sitting, in fact you might not even be sitting, but they give you the opportunity to keep the familiarization with you practice going and help you bring your meditation into your life.
Places that you might choose to meditate could include,
- standing in line at the checkout at the grocery store, bank, etc
- at this time of the COVID-19 virus, standing in line waiting to get into the store
- when you go to the toilet
- out walking
- working in the garden
- are you on the computer? Stop periodically to breathe and come back to yourself. Perhaps every 30, 45 minutes? There is software available for most platforms to remind to take a break
- while waiting to pick the car up from a service
- sitting in the park, on the beach, etc
- are you on your phone? Put it down and meditate instead
Use your creativity in looking for those opportunities to meditate. It doesn’t have to be long. Thirty seconds, a minute grabbed here and there keeps the building the acquaintance with your practice.